Wee pee

MONDAY

It was my first posting day! Posting time is at 0700-1100 hours.
Friends and I were totally excited about it! Group 1, which am in there, will be going to the ward to do our practical! Muahahaha..

Okok,
My team members and I woke up at 0530 am, getting ready and stuff, all look so smart, neat and pretty of course! My duty is at Block C, 4th floor. Supposed to sign in ourselves at 0645am, but Emily, Nadiah and I went there late, in the end, kena SHOOT.

Nvm, IT'S MEMANG MY FAULT. After the sign in thingy, all nurses have to copy down all the doctors name that who is incharge in the ward and we went to a room to do a report, which is a staff nurse will be reading out all the patients name, age, doctors that is incharge, diagnosis, what medication that have given, later what medication are they gonna give.

DIE.

So ngam this staff nurse is from India, when she started reading the report, all of us cant catch what is she talking about, as if she were talking to herself or either she's rapping. I only manage to get the patient's age, and that's it. Lame-o.

First thing we did was bed making. HAPPY. Emily and I team up. The Clinical Instructor went inside the room with us to do the bed making. And we started taking the bed sheets and stuff, both of us did not really know what to do because we didnt gotta time to do it in demo room, and we're totally kelam-kabut.

Suddenly, "PIAK!" one big hit on my back, the Instructor scolded us and beat both of us. So pain you know? And guess what? We're so embarassed in front of the patient and the patient's maid. The maid was so shocked. I almost cried, but what to do, I had to faced it.

All my team members got scolded and beaten by her, some even got pinched. One of my friend cried. I know how she felt, it was so painful. I think even the maid wont get this type of treatment. We went to the procedure room to do group discussion with the Clinical Instruction.

Later did I know that she treated us like this is to improve our skills, she apologized, she had to be very strict because she doesnt want us to follow what the Staff Nurse do/did, now I know that she wasnt scolding us, she was correcting us. I think she is the BEST CLINICAL INSTRUCTOR I ever had. =D



TUESDAY

Did the same thing, sign in and did report, this time can slightly catch what the other staff nurse said. Today what we did was Interview Patients, hehe, cool right? And as usual, sure got kena scolding a bit, but I'm used to it. =D I just want a good report! I intervied a Malay lady, thank GOD she's friendly! She just had a surgery yesterday, her diagnosis was Endometriosis, which there's a cyst in her uretrus.

Enjoyed myself this two days. Tomorrow will be my last day in ward, then I'll be going back to Demo room to practice my practical skills, then the 2nd group will go the ward. And oh yeah, heard that we'll be going to Sg Buloh Hosp to do our posting! Yay!

I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT POSTING DAY AGAIN!

Comments

Anonymous said…
good to hear all is good now.. *hugs* and take care of urself.. dun 4get to drink alot of water ya.. hope to hear from ya's soon..
[PerMysuri] said…
thank you so much ellabella! *hugZ*

Popular Posts