I wanted to blog about my new year celebration, Valentine's day and ya-da ya-da,
but my sister took the camera and then.... long story, but good thing she didnt delete those pictures, if not...


This 2 weeks will be my practical (posting). And I was posted to a very-the-boring but very-the-ok-fun department. There were Cath Lab, MRI+CT Scan+Xray, Physio.


Physio was ok, the physiotherapist taught us some exercises.


Cath Lab, it is something like Angio room, where the doctors do the angiogram or angioplasty thingy. It was sooooo cold inside, was freezing! I wonder how those staff nurses can "tahan" man. Indeed very interesting, looking at the doctors inserting a stent through your femoral artery at your groin (slightly below your hips area) then to the heart!! You can even see the arteries so clear when they inject the contrast in. But this procedure kind of risky.


MRI+CT Scan+Xray. The WORST!!! I cant do much there because I am not a Radiographer or whatever it is, just push the patient in and out from the room, trying to act smart like I know how to see the Xray films (the lungs, heart, kidney and ureter ONLY I know how to see) and the CT scan pictures. Buat bodoh only standing there doing nothing... sesssh. Dont send me there anymore!


***
Suddenly this thought came to me.
All the student nurses have to go to the clinical area for practical or you call it posting.
Whatever we learnt in school we have to practice it in the ward such as injection.
Some patients are fussy, so, they dont want student nurses to serve them. It's like "I pay big bucks to Pantai Hospital and the student nurses serves me? PUI."
And the complain comes in.
So fine, poor us only can practice on the dummy, and the dummy is like feeling-less.

And thanks to our STUPID SENIORS THAT MADE OUR BATCH + JUNIORS NOT ALLOW TO POST TO THE GOVERNMENT HOSPITAL DUE TO SOME STUPID REASON!!

Back to the topic, so fine, you dont allow us to practice on you, so what if we're graduated as a staff nurse, and you want a STAFF NURSE to do the injection, but we dont know how to inject at all, so how??
And yeah, everyone said that everywhere are lack of nurses. True.
So please dont be fussy, we have lots of work to do also, we cant 100% stay by your side to serve you, if you want to, HIRE YOUR OWN PRIVATE NURSE.
I would appreciate if you could co-operate with the staff nurses and the student nurses while doing any procedures.
And also, respect them, PLEASE, some staff nurse have to do double shifts, just because you pay BIG BUCKS doesnt mean you have to make full use of us and write stupid complains!! (excluded stupid, lazy nurses. =D)
Really hate those type of patients and the relatives as well. Why not trying to be in our shoes??

Dont get it why those dumb people respect doctors more than nurses, yeah, I know doctors are more experience or whatever it is. But after the doctor sees you then he will leave almost all the job to us, and sometimes we were so busy, we dont have time to eat!!!
(I'm not talking bad about the doctors ok?)

Ok, feel much better now. HAHA.

Comments

Popular Posts