" Uncle, are you ok? Everything fine? "
" Wahhhh uncle, looking good with your turban! "
" Uncle, your hands are so cold, I'll give you an extra blanket."

I made sure this uncle is fine, happy and healthy.
He is a punjabi and he is super nice, although he had CA Esophagus plus other sickness.
He got so many drips, from one drip to the other, and also on Oxygen.
Deep down in my heart, I know it is suffering and pain, I really hope that he could get well soon.


This afternoon I followed the staff nurse to a doctor's clinic to take his medication and some stuff, I didnt really pay attention what was going on around me because I was so into some busy body articles which was found on the table.



Staff Nurse : " Adik, adik! You punya patient Code Blue lar! "
Me : " Code Blue? Siapa?" *I was still so blur*
Staff Nurse : " You punya punjabi patient lar! Mungkin ada LO (Last Office)!"



I quickly ran back to my ward and see what was going on, but it was too late, he just passed away. I almost cried, how can this happened? I just went out for a while promised him that I will come back to clean him and take him to the toilet but it just happened so fast, too fast!



Loi, my colleague told me that while he was wiping his face, he suddenly cough, thought that just some normal cough and the patient wanted to get rid of his phlegm. Out of sudden, he vomitted blood, my friend was shocked, called the staff nurse, and the staff nurse called for help, and that was when I came back... ...
My friends and I cleaned his body, I nearly cried but I promised myself to hold back my tears.


Lastly,
Uncle may you rest in peace and nice knowing you too.


LO(Last Office) - Where you clean the dead bodies.

Comments

Popular Posts